The nominated individual should be a senior administrator (e.g., president, chancellor, provost, or vice/associate titles) who has made an outstanding contribution or effort to promote a shared vision of safety at their institution.
Judges will be evaluating the senior administrators on:
- Mechanism(s) that articulate safety communications from the top down
- Empowers the voice of safety concerns on their campus
- Financial support to foster a culture of safety (i.e., adequate facilities, resources, etc.)
- Support for integrating safety policies, procedures, and management systems
- Recognition of faculty/staff/students for their contributions to safety