The Campus Leaders Who Care Award seeks to recognize the outstanding involvement and support of senior administrators for their commitment and contributions to enhance the culture of safety at their institutions.
Individuals must be from a CSHEMA member institution in good
standing. The primary CSHEMA representative for the institution must endorse the nominee.
Members of the Awards and Recognition Committee and a representative from the Association of Public and Land Grant Universities will review entries for recognition. If the institution of an Awards and Recognition Committee member submits an
application, the member shall recuse him/herself from evaluating and voting. The committee may choose to place an institution in one of three award categories: Award of Honor, Award of Merit, or Award of Commendation.
Recognition award will be presented to the recipient at the awards ceremony at the Annual Conference. CSHEMA will forward a letter of recognition to recipient, and the Association of Public and Land Grant
Universities will announce the award winners at the Council on Research Summer Meeting.
Evaluation (100 points possible)
- 20 points – Mechanism that articulates safety communications from the top down
- 20 points – Empowers the voice of safety concerns on their campus
- 20 points – Financial support that fosters a culture of safety
- 20 points – Support for integrating safety policies, procedures, and management systems
- 20 points - Recognition of faculty, staff, and/or students for their contributions to safety