CSHEMA Innovation Awards seek to honor the innovative business and financial administration achievements of higher education institutions of each EHS department size (small, medium and large). There are three Innovation Award Categories institutions can apply for: Process Improvement, Resource Enhancement, and Safety Culture.
Deadline for award submissions is March 31, 2023.
For each Innovation Award, judges evaluate:
- A specific safety project and its ability to improve health and safety concerns
- Scope of project including cost to implement, method of implementation, and cost effectiveness
- Organization and presentation of material for evaluation
- Flexibility of the program to be adapted at other institutions
- Additional information as requested below for each category
Categories of Awards
Process Improvement Innovation Award
This award recognizes:
- Successfully designed or re-engineered programs;
- Innovative methods of training or educational courses; and/or
- Improved service delivery methods in response to a campus need.
Applications for the Process Improvement Innovation Award should supply the following additional material (as appropriate):
- Number of attendees/percentage of required attendees
- Observable and quantifiable changes in behavior (e.g., 75% fewer needle sticks)
Resource Enhancement Innovation Award
This award recognizes EHS programs that have:
- Reduced costs; and/or
- Increased revenues; and/or
- Improved environment; and/or;
- Developed/created sustainability initiatives in response to campus needs.
Those that apply for the Resource Enhancement Innovation Award should provide the following additional material(s) with their submission (as appropriate)::
- Data showing measurable and documented monetary savings; and/or
- Data showing measurable and documented reduction in impact to the environment.
Safety Culture Innovation Award
This award recognizes institutional practices of faculty, staff, and students that promote a culture of safety.
Applications for the Safety Culture Innovation Award should include the following additional information with their submission:
- Faculty, staff, and student names and titles;
- Summary of the safety specific problem and impact on the institution;
- A description of how safety was incorporated into the project/program;
- A description of the success of faculty, staff, and student buy-in;
- Observable and quantifiable changes in institutional safety culture; and
- Lessons learned that could be transferred to other Institutions and help facilitate others in this initiative.
Submit an Innovation Award Application
Use the Innovation Award Application Form to submit an application for any of the above categories.
- Important Note: The application form is created in Google Forms and requires you to log into a Google account prior to submitting an application.