The CSHEMA Rising Star Award seeks to honor outstanding individual CSHEMA members who are new to safety as a profession.
Deadline for award submissions has passed (March 31, 2023.)
Judges will be evaluating:
- Measurable impacts made by the nominee
- Examples of work done at the university/institution, university community, or safety working group/department
- Organization and presentation of material for evaluation
The nominee should be new to the profession of academic Environmental Health & Safety (1–2 years). The person should be producing at a high level and making a measurable change in the safety culture of their institution.
To be eligible to receive the award, the following requirements must be met:
- The nominee's institution must be a CSHEMA institutional member in good standing.
- The complete application must accompany a narrative about the nominee’s accomplishments that can be read at the award ceremony. The narrative should be no more than three pages using a minimum font size of 12 points, double-spaced. Screenshots and photos may be included.
- Submission of a complete application by March 31, 2023.
Submit a Rising Star Award Nomination
Use the Individual Awards Submission Form to nominate a member for the Rising Star Award.
- Important Note: The form is created in Google Forms and requires you to log into a Google account prior to submitting an application.