The CSHEMA Rising Star Award seeks to honor outstanding individual CSHEMA members who are new to safety as a profession.
Judges will be evaluating:
- Measurable impacts made by the nominee
- Examples of work done at the university/institution, university community, or safety working group/department
- Organization and presentation of material for evaluation
The nominee should be new to the profession of academic Environmental Health & Safety (1–2 years). The person should be producing at a high level and making a measurable change in the safety culture of their institution.
To be eligible to receive the award, the following requirements must be met:
- The nominee's institution must be a CSHEMA institutional member in good standing
- The complete application must accompany a narrative
- Application must include the name of the member university, the nominee’s name, and a narrative that describes the nominee's impact to safety
- Submit a short narrative that can be read at the award ceremony if contacted about being the awarded nominee