The Campus Leaders Who Care Award seeks to recognize the outstanding involvement and support of senior administrators for their commitment and contributions to enhance the culture of safety at their institutions.
The nominated individual should be a senior administrator (e.g., president, chancellor, provost, or vice/associate titles) who has made an outstanding contribution or effort to promote a shared vision of safety at their institution.
Judges will be evaluating the senior administrators on:
- Mechanism(s) that articulate safety communications from the top down
- Efforts to empower the voice of safety regarding concerns on their campus
- Financial support to foster a culture of safety (i.e., adequate facilities, resources, etc.)
- Support for integrating safety policies, procedures, and management systems
- Recognition of faculty/staff/students for their contributions to safety
To be eligible to receive the award, the following requirements must be met:
- The nominee’s institution must be a CSHEMA institutional member in good standing,
- The CSHEMA primary EHS representative must endorse the application.
- The complete application must accompany a narrative that describes the leader’s commitment to the culture of safety at their institution. The narrative should be no more than three pages using a minimum font size of 12 points. Screenshots and photos may be included in the narrative to illustrate the development of a safety culture at the institution.